NetSquid is provided as a Python package. To install and run this package you will need:
- A username and password to access the NetSquid python package server. Please contact us if you would like to use NetSquid but do yet not have access.
- A Linux or MacOS 64-bit (x86_64) operating system. If you don’t have Linux you could run it via virtualization, e.g. using VirtualBox. If you have Windows 10 you can also use the Bash on Ubuntu subsystem.
- Python version 3.5 or higher.
- The python package installer pip version 19 or higher. To upgrade your current pip version run
pip3 install --upgrade pip.
- The Python packages numpy, scipy, pandas and bitarray. Note that the needed versions of these packages will be downloaded and installed automatically if necessary.
Installing the NetSquid package
To install the NetSquid python package run the following command from a terminal:
pip3 install --user --extra-index-url https://<username>:<password>@pypi.netsquid.org netsquid
<password> should be substituted for their correct values. To install the package system-wide (for all users) remove the
Verifying your installation
To check your installation was successful you can run the test suite within a Python interpreter session:
>>> import netsquid as ns >>> ns.test()